Why use HomeXperts Purbeck and Poole to rent your next home?
You are looking to rent a property. Iain and Sharon at HomeXperts Purbeck and Poole are there to guide you through the process, working closely with you.
The initial tenants process:
- What do you require? Iain and Sharon will speak to you in order to understand your individual requirements. Based on your circumstances they will help you to find the property which most matches your criteria within your given budget and timescale.
- The search begins. As a result of your needs, you will be invited to view properties. Because you are likely to have questions, all viewings will be accompanied so you can get answers there and then.
- You have found a property! Great. Consequently, you will then need to pay an administration fee for the referencing procedure to begin for the Landlord. An online referencing company will carry out the references. The checks made will normally be a credit check, affordability check, employment, previous Landlord and character reference.
- You have been accepted! Arrangements to sign a contract and organise a moving in date.
- What do you pay? You will pay the deposit and first month’s rent prior to receiving the keys for occupancy. The Deposit Protection Scheme registers all deposits for security.
HomeXperts Purbeck and Poole ensure that the property has the required certificates and that any health and safety aspects have been addressed.
The ongoing tenants process
When managing a property for a Landlord, Iain and Sharon will give you contact details in the event of any problems. While you occupy the property, as a matter f course, it will be subject to periodic inspections.
A successful tenancy relies on people working together. As a result of this understanding, Iain and Sharon do their best for both tenant and landlord.
Know your budget
It is essential to work out how much rent you can afford before beginning your property search. Consideration must be taken of all the bills that will also need budgeting for, including council tax, utilities, telecoms and insurance.
Find the right property
When you have decided on a budget, the area you would like and the type of property you require, it is advisable to register for property alerts on our website. By doing this, Iain and Sharon can contact you as soon as they become aware of something suitable coming onto their books.
Choose properties that fall within your requirements and those that are available to occupy at the right time but stay open minded. If there are more than one of you looking for a tenancy try and view all together.
Agreeing on a tenancy
When you have chosen the property you want to rent you will need to agree the terms of the tenancy. This will include the rent payable, deposit required (which secures the property), and move in date.
What you will need
Identification documentation will be required. Checks on credit history, employment and previous landlord references (if applicable) may also be done. Ask your employer and current landlord to respond to the references quickly.
Any maintenance issues should be reported as soon as possible, this ensures any issues can be dealt with quickly so the problem does not get any worse. The tenant is responsible for taking care of the garden and smaller maintenance issues like changing light bulbs.